Saturday, June 19, 2010

MAX OUT! How to wear the Maxi dress EVERYWHERE this summer!

How do I love the maxi dress? Let me count the ways!!! The maxi dress may be my all time favorite summer piece, I have been obsessed for years! How could a piece of clothing get any better? They come in a variety of fabrics, prints and silhouettes. They are beautifully stylish and hide your body flaws at the same time! I love that you can find them in any price range and at any store from target to Neiman Marcus. 

WHO CAN WEAR A MAXI DRESS?
In spite of what you have been told you don't have to be 6 feet tall to wear them! Maxis are great for just about every body type because they come in many silhouettes.
  • PEAR: Try a maxi with an empire waist to accentuate the positive.
  • APPLE: Go for an empire waist dress and maybe something with a v neck to steam line the body.
  • BOY SHAPE: Just about any maxi will look great on this body type. Look for a dress that has a waist to add some curves.
  • PETITE: Look for an empire waist maxi, this will give you shape while also elongating your body. For added height, try a wedge! 

HOW LONG SHOULD A MAXI DRESS BE?
A maxi dress should come down to your ankle. I sometimes like mine a little longer. While they come in various long lengths I always think an ankle length dress looks best.

The maxi dress is everything from boho to chic.
Where do you where them? The beach, out to lunch, in the city and out in the evening.

--- 
ON VACATION
On the beach or in Greece...fabulous!


The Look: 
Always gorgeous back to a metallic sandal, you can also try a wedge.


Add some accessories and you are ready for a day of beach lounging or site seeing!
            

---
IN THE CITY

Try this simple black maxi and add...


















a cute leather vest, gladiator sandals, a pair of sunglasses...


or a fabulous city bag!
---
AN EVENING OUT

The Look:
---
BEHOLD THE HEALING POWERS OF A MATERNITY MAXI!!

With all the changes to your body that you happily accept finding cute maternity clothes is just an ugly reality. And for fashion girls like myself, it's been hard to find maternity clothes that I love and feel good in. Enter the maxi...

I am wearing them the same as I did before. It's comfortable (always a plus) and I get compliments! Feel free to wear them loose or fitted. Suit your mood!!


*Maxi Dress Quick Tips*
- Own your look! Wear your maxi with confidence.
- Watch out for stiff fabrics. Sometimes they can add weight in unflattering places. Plus, one of the reasons we love maxis is the comfort!
- Watch out for pocket in unflattering places (like the hips)!
- We love maxi dresses in all kinds of prints and silhouettes!

My favorite maxi dress brands are:
Tea Bags
Ella Moss
HardTail
Rachel Pally

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I love the green dress, but I'm not sure if I could pull it off even with your tips :-) I mostly like the empire waist ones. You always look BEAUTIFUL in your maxi dresses!!

    ReplyDelete