Friday, June 12, 2009

The Hard and Fast Rules of Fashion

What is the one trend people should avoid? What is the one fashion rule everyone should follow?



These are my most asked and least favorite questions. I am often put on the spot during interviews for articles or television with these questions. Usually, I stutter through giving them an answer that suffices but that I don't entirely believe.
I am a fashion stylist. Fashion, to me, is extremely broad. I truly appreciate every piece from the functional "little black dress" to the fantastic garments that look more like art. My job as a stylist is to have a vision for how a garment, any garment, should be worn (or shown) and who should be wearing it.
My one and only rule for fashion is...that there isn't one. My only rule is more for the people wearing the fashions. NOT EVERYTHING IS FOR EVERYONE!
The fashion industry is full of creative and innovative minds, just try and get them to follow the "rules"! And thank God they don't, what great things we would have missed! Rules were meant to be broken! VIVA LA FASHION ANARCHY!






No comments:

Post a Comment